Miss the Open Enrollment deadline? Oregon’s Health CO-OP is still welcoming new members.
If you weren’t able to enroll for health insurance, it’s not too late. You still have time to enroll in health coverage with Oregon’s Health CO-OP, and become a part of this growing and vibrant community. Due to the Special Open Enrollment Period for Tax Season, there are two ways that Individuals can still enroll for health coverage.
- If you are looking to enroll as an Individual without receiving tax subsidies, Open Enrollment has been extended through April 30. To enroll go directly to our website, please visit us at www.ohcoop.org, or call our sales team at 1-844-694-9292.
- If you are looking to enroll as an Individual with a subsidy through healthcare.gov, a second Open Enrollment Period for Individuals will now be available from March 15 through April 30. Please visit www.healthcare.gov to enroll. Please keep in mind that if you choose to enroll during this special period through healthcare.gov, you are ONLY eligible under the following criteria:
- You are currently not enrolled in coverage through healthcare.gov for 2015,
- You attest that when you filed for your 2014 tax return you paid the fee for not having health coverage in 2014,
- You attest that you first became aware of, or understood the implications of, the Shared Responsibility Payment after the end of open enrollment (February 15, 2015) in connection with preparing your 2014 taxes.
Whether you enroll direct or through the exchange, effective dates are as follows:
- Enroll between March 15-31 for an May 1 effective date
- Enroll between April 1-15 for a June 1 effective date
- Enroll between April 16-30 for a July 1 effective date
We look forward to welcoming more members to the Oregon’s Health CO-OP; the democratized, nonprofit health insurance plan in Oregon that dares to listen.